IGEN 2021 National Meeting - A Virtual Experience
June 14-17, 2021
2019 IGEN National Meeting, Central Florida University, Orlando, FL | Photo by: Carlos Romero, Romero Photoworks, LLC
IGEN National Meetings
The IGEN National Meeting provides an opportunity for organizations and individuals dedicated to advancing equity for Black, Latinx and Indigenous students in STEM graduate education to share ideas, learn together and develop/strengthen their networks.
Graduate student participants will be able to:
- Develop personal and professional skills that will drive forward future academic and professional endeavors
- Share research findings with the IGEN scholarly community
- Exchange experiences with peers and potential employers (i.e. personal and professional networking)
- Increase exposure to academic/professional opportunities
Employers and Educators will be able to do:
- Learn about evidence-based inclusive practices (i.e. culturally responsive mentoring, advising, etc.)
- Develop skills to lead equity efforts and facilitate organizational change
- Increase their awareness of the racialized & gendered nature of research and academic spaces
- Exchange experiences with cross-organizational leaders
May 2021 Virtual Journal Club
The book discussion is TBD. After the event, a summary will be available on the Virtual Journal Club webpage.
- Date: Monday, May 24, 2021
- Time: 12:00 pm PT | 3:00 pm ET (Length 75 mins)
- Complete this form to be added to the VJC invite list!