Rochester Institute of Technology
The Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) is home to the Inclusive Practices Hub, an IGEN Alliance partner, which provides holistic review training and other learning opportunities to disseminate inclusive practices to graduate STEM education administrators wanting to implement best practices into their institution's graduate programs and admissions processes.
The Inclusive Practices Hub aims to use evidenced-based research and data to inform the development and institutionalization of practices that positively affect diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Inclusive Practices Hub at RIT will:
- Provide professional & organizational development opportunities that build capacity for how programs recruit, admit, serve, and develop scholars from historically marginalized groups.
- Curate research library to foster learning and adoption of inclusive practices in graduate education.
- Provide representations of the inequities in degree attainment rates in higher education.
- Initiate quarterly gatherings that break down research studies and social theories that are relevant to equity in graduate education, with attention to practical implications.
- Create continuous learning opportunities that increase engagement and expand knowledge about issues that affect diversity, equity, and inclusion.